- Start date: 1 September 2019
- End date: 31 August 2022
- Overall budget: € 1.997.066
- EU contribution: € 1.997.066
Coordinated by: University of Brescia
- Project website
The European Project ICCEE “Improving Cold Chain Energy Efficiency”, funded by the European HORIZON 2020 Program, aims to improve energy efficiency along the cold chain of the food and beverage industry, which has a great potential for improvement in terms of energy savings: from refrigerated transport to processing and storage of products. ICCEE, through an approach that goes beyond the perspective of the individual company and embraces the entire supply chain, wants to help the food and beverage sector to:
- Understand and implement energy efficiency measures, also making use of financing schemes for SMEs.
- Accelerate the implementation of the results of energy audits carried out.